Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Continued




 




I thought ordering food in France was hard, it was triple hard in Germany! We had a quick lunch at a restaurant in the little town at the top of the Black Forest, right by the Titisee lake. I opted for bratwurst and mashed potatoes, seemed like the safest choice. And of course bratwurst was a good choice in honor of Rick, (I tried to eat the sourkraut because I know how you love it, but guess what? It's still not good).




I kept seeing these little witches all around the shops here, and upon seeing these, the witch to the far right has pumpkins on her dress, I am led to assume that Germany must celebrate Halloween! Or maybe these are just supposed to be witches who lurk in the Black Forest...Up for debate....
A beautiful view. We only had 45 minutes to 1 hour here, and then spent 1 hour walking 
around Freiburg, Germany (which was just that, walking, not really any 
sights, so I wish we had stayed here.) and you could also rent a small
boat for a half hour for a low price to go into the lake which would have 
been nice to do had we had more time. It reminded Erin and I a lot of
our trip to North Carolina this spring, the driving through the mountains 
and fog to get to the top, and this lake is a lot like one Nini showed us in NC.


 
We headed back to Strasbourg after our tours of the Black Forest and Freiburg and took a boat tour of the Ill river running through Strasbourg. We took a very strange kind of boat...
 
So the picture I got was a very good shot!

And that's pretty much it! We waited for the time to meet up for the train and took the 2-3 hour trip back which felt like forever because we were so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment